BillFront is a fast growing alternative online lending platform that offers financing solutions to digital media companies. By providing faster access to revenues, BillFront is enabling its customers’ growth potential. The company is headquartered in London, with an office in Berlin. The BillFront team is led by finance veteran Greg Dimitriou and AdTech expert Chris Vogt. Read more about BillFront on their website.
As BillFront's developer, you'll be working mainly on workflows aggregating and reconciling financial data from sources like app stores and ad networks, and scheduling money transfers using various payment providers.
To achieve this, we put emphasis on building small, reusable and loosely coupled components. We work in a lightweight kanban and believe in agile with a lower-case "a", encouraging pair-programming, limiting work in progress and keeping the feedback loop as short as possible.Your Role and Responsibilities:
Our current codebase consists of a main Rails app (well specced, ~10 models) with some ClojureScript/Reagent components, and a small fleet of supporting microservices (mostly Clojure). The infrastructure, relying heavily on Docker and AWS, is clean and well-maintained.
- You are responsible for the backend of BillFront
- You build, develop and maintain backend services, coordinate internal and external designers and match requirements with business/product development and product road map
- You set up deployment infrastructures, server environments and testing infrastructure, maintain and improve them
- You take ownership over specific components and continuously work to improve them
- You are dedicated and pay attention to the scalability, performance, availability and security of our systems
- You stay on top of current tech industry trends
Our Perfect Match:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the field of web development and software engineering, ideally on medium and large sized projects extending over a period of 6 months
- Excellent knowledge of backend development and technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails; knowledge of Clojure is a big plus
- Good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker
- Focused approach on automated testing and quality assurance
- Prior experience with source control tools like Git
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work and communicate in a dynamic international start-up environment
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English
- You profit from working with Serial Entrepreneurs who have co-founded over 10 successful companies
- You get a rewarding career where you continuously grow in a performance driven culture
- You get access to a well-established network in Berlin’s start-up scene
- You love a competitive remuneration package and much more
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- You have the opportunity to attend German classes and numerous events
- You work in the start-up center of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
Apply online with your one-page CV along with your
GitHub/Bitbucket etc. account or some other code samples
We’re looking forward to being in touch!
Marek from the BillFront Engineering Team