ad2games is a fast growing performance marketing platform for games. We help game publishers to monetize their games using a variety of marketing channels. We are located in the heart of Berlin and are currently expanding with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo and Shanghai.
In the last two years we have built a customized data warehouse solution that is used both internally and by our customers. We currently gather over 100GB of data per day from more than 7 different external APIs. We process that data using a software stack that includes Apache Spark, PostgreSQL, Ruby, Protocol Buffers and many AWS Services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Kinesis, S3). The aggregated data is then used to power our user statistics, realtime reporting and billing applications.
You will be joining a team of seven engineers who are working on multiple internal and customer-facing projects using various technologies (mostly Ruby and Go). We are passionate about technology, games and teamwork. We believe in always using the best tools for the job and continuously improving our toolset and skills. We have regular Hack Fridays, Coding Dojos and strongly believe in Open Source (see https://github.com/ad2games
- You design, implement and deploy new products and features for our web scale applications
- You enjoy the freedom to work on cutting edge technologies and to explore new ones
- You work in an agile team using pairing, pull request based code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration
- You proactively pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You take responsibility to ensure successful results in a data driven environment
- You work closely with product, business development, design and other stakeholders
- You bring 2+ years of working experience in web development and software engineering
- You have a very good understanding of systems engineering, scalability, algorithms and RoR
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or have equivalent working experience
- You are familiar with backend infrastructure technologies such as Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker
- You speak very good English
- You show a disciplined approach when it comes to automated testing and quality assurance
- You have the agile mindset, drive and flexibility that is required in a startup environment
- You are a team player, good communicator and easy to work with
What do we offer?
- You become a part of a unique and fun company culture (https://vimeo.com/99734712)
- You are part of our regular Hackdays where you work on what you are passionate about
- You profit from working with serial entrepreneurs who co-founded over 10 successful companies
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers
- You get access to a well-established network in Berlin’s start-up scene
- You have the opportunity to attend German classes and numerous events
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package and much more
- You work in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
Interested? Then submit your CV along with links or demos of your work online.